Sunday 25 April 2010

Rainy Sunday Morning


Is a perfect day to (re-)start my blogging attempt :)

Why ? Attending the food photography workshop held by A Table For Two has kinda nudge me to try food blogging again.

Let's see how long I can keep this blog running this time round, perhaps I'm older now and wiser ?
My friends would say "Not a chance !!".

I love to eat and sometimes too much :P
My excuse would be I'm still growing...but sideways....

Let's start the first post with a baking post. I've been asked by the Sisters at my church to bring something for the morning tea after the morning mass at St.Bede in Pyrmont.

Chose a Donna Hay recipe from her latest magazine..a Stout Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.





Instead of baking it in a loaf as per the recipe, I've made them into mini cupcakes.

To my surprise, one recipe yields 5 dozens of mini cupcakes !!

The cake is very moist and chocolatey.
Using stout has added a light malty flavour to the cake, which is just lovely.
And the peanut butter frosting ? Let's just say that I couldn't stop "tasting" the frosting as I was whipping it up :)





Enjoy the rest of the Anzac long weekend everyone ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment